[jdom-interest] setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace inoperant ?

Per Norrman per.norrman at austers.se
Wed Dec 8 16:04:34 PST 2004

Per Norrman wrote:

> First, this feature depends on validation being turned on. Second,
> it does not apply to mixed-mode content. Let's see if I can find
> the stuff in the spec ....
>
> Yes, here it is:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-element-content

Correction! Here's the relevenat section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-white-space

Second paragraph:

"An XML processor MUST always pass all characters in a document that are not
markup through to the application. A  validating XML processor MUST also inform
the application which of these characters constitute white space appearing in
element content."

/pmn