[jdom-interest] Dis-integeration of CDATA for large files.

Srinivasan Pillai spillai3 at csc.com
Wed Feb 4 13:47:03 PST 2004

Hi All,

I have quite large xml file (around 1 MB). I used JDOM to modify the
contents (using XmlOutputter). When I do so for large files, the CDATA
elements divides itself into 2 or more CDATA elements even though I make no
change to it.

For example, this is the original CDATA element I had in the file,

<long_desc><![CDATA[Test description]]></long_desc>

and this is what I saw after the file was modified

<long_desc><![CDATA[Test d]]><![CDATA[escription]]></long_desc>

Eventhough the result text returns "Test description" for both cases, the
file size increases each time I update the file. Would there be any issue
with XmlOutputter ? This does not happen with smaller files. Appreciate
your help.

Thanks,
Srini

for such purpose.