[jdom-interest] getProperty/setProperty on Parent

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Feb 19 06:58:59 PST 2004

At 9:15 PM -0600 2/18/04, Bradley S. Huffman wrote:
>Should Parent define getProperty/setProperty so extra info can be carried
>with both Document and Element?

These methods struck me as exxtraneous fluff when I noticed them.
Undefined properties do not reflect anything in the XML document
that's being modeled. It's just a hack to enable users to stuff in
any old data they forgot to put in the class. If somebody wants to
add extra info a document it's easy enough to write a subclass that
contains more detailed methods. That would be the correct object
oriented way to satisfy the use-case.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu