[jdom-interest] Feature Request

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Feb 19 18:26:59 PST 2004

At 11:40 AM +1100 2/20/04, Chris B. wrote:
>Nekohtml has some information on making it play nice with other parsers.
>
>I'm not an expert on the internals of sax etc, but wouldn't the
>Right Thing (tm) for have been for NekoHtml to have provided an
>XMLReader implementation, which could then be plugged into JDOM?

The problem here is a design flaw in Xerces. It assumes you will only
ever want one parser configuration in the same VM. (This is not an
XMLReader. This is an internal, non-standard class in Xerces.) Thus
once the parser configuration has been set through the appropriate
system property or default, you're stuck with it for all your Xerces
parsing. Possibly you could change the system property in your code,
but I'm not sure whether that would work or not.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)