[jdom-interest] Feature Request

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Fri Feb 20 11:22:40 PST 2004

Chris B. wrote:

>Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
>

>>The big issue is just that real-world HTML often cannot be transformed
>>directly into XHTML.
>>

>Why?

After looking at the actual XHTML DTDs I think I was wrong about this. I
was basing my comment on the content model enforced by TagSoup. Perhaps
I'm just misunderstanding the TagSoup configuration, or it may just be
much more rigid than the XHTML specification. As I understand the
TagSoup code, it tries to force <script> elements to be in the <header>
of the HTML document, which caused problems when used with a site that
uses <script> elements within the <body> of the document. Perhaps John
can clarify if I'm misunderstanding the TagSoup code, or if there's some
reason TagSoup adds this restriction.

Most of the modifications I showed to the TagSoup Schema in my earlier
email were to prevent it from enforcing nesting rules of this type.

  - Dennis