[jdom-interest] Feature Request

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Sat Feb 21 11:15:34 PST 2004

John Cowan wrote:

>Dennis Sosnoski scripsit:
>

>>       schema.elementType("span", Schema.M_ANY, Schema.M_ANY, 0);
>>       schema.elementType("div", Schema.M_ANY, Schema.M_ANY, 0);
>>       schema.elementType("table", Schema.M_ANY, Schema.M_ANY, 0);
>>       schema.elementType("br", Schema.M_EMPTY, Schema.M_ANY, 0);
>>

>I'd be interested in knowing why these particular ones were important.
>I understand the issue with script and style.

I ran into some cases where these elements were being misused in the
HTML pages I was looking at, so patched them in this manner to allow
arbitrary nesting. I'm not even sure all these are necessary for my
purposes - I just hacked as I went to muddle through the pages. AFAIK
the only element definitions which are actually incorrect in your
current content model are the script and style elements.

>TagSoup's content models are implicitly of the form (A|B|C|...)*, so
>it thinks the content model of the html element is (head|body)*.
>I may do some special-casery to fix this, but probably not for 0.9.2
>unless I see a very easy way to do it.

With the <script> and <style> element containment fixed I don't think
this'll be a big deal.

  - Dennis