[jdom-interest] Form Feed character in CDATA section

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Feb 26 09:10:51 PST 2004

At 10:57 AM -0600 2/26/04, GDIECKHAUS at TRANSENTRIC.COM wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>I have a program that has a string that has a form feed character in it.
>I am using Jdom b8, and when i attempt to create a cdata section with the
>string, i get the error

This is completely illegal in both XML 1.0 and 1.1. The formfeed
character cannot appear in text content in 1.0 and even in 1.1 it
can't appear in a CDATA section. The problem is that your code is
trying to create malformed XML. The probolem is not in JDOM.

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)