[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder inclusion of default attributes

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Jan 20 05:43:07 PST 2004

At 8:43 PM -0800 1/19/04, Harry Evans wrote:
>Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately, it seems that neither xerces nor
>crimson allow this flag to be set.  I get the following when I try
>to set the feature value to false:
>http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities feature not
>supported for SAX driver org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
>    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.internalSetFeature(SAXBuilder.java:643)
>    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.setFeaturesAndProperties(SAXBuilder.java:585)
>    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.createParser(SAXBuilder.java:467)
>    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:341)
>    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:684)

You probably need to set it before you construct the SAXBuilder. Set
it directly on the XMLReader, not through JDOM.

Xerces also has a couple of other features that might help:

Try setting both of these to false; again, before you give the
XMLReader to JDOM.

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)