[jdom-interest] Re: Factories

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Mar 1 08:49:17 PST 2004

At 5:07 PM +0100 3/1/04, phil at triloggroup.com wrote:

We added this optimization when we did a project for a big consulting
compagny (now aquired by IBM, any idea? :-) ). It appeared that the
HTML pages showed up 2 to 3 times faster, just because of this.

Were you actually loading this thing over a real network? This sounds
to me like you might have been testing on a local connection.

The other obvious question is whether you were constructing a new
document for each request. In many cases many parts of the document
can be reused for serial requests with even less overhead than you'd
see for an unverified factory.

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)