[jdom-interest] Re: Factories

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Mar 1 11:24:47 PST 2004

At 6:03 PM +0100 3/1/04, phil at triloggroup.com wrote:
This is not applicable in our case, just because the document is
dynamic and depend on each request. Thus, we cannot use a kind of
cache, and the faster way we find to create document was to generate
java code which is executed for each part of the document that need
to be constructed.

Really? One response doesn't look anything like the previous
response? They don't sue the same element names? They don't have the
same root element? I expect some things would change, but it would be
very surprising for the names to be completely random. Did you try
preloading  the constant information for each response and copying
that with just changes to the parts that actually did change?

Just because there's a performance problem doesn't mean there's only
one solution to it.  It generally makes a lot of sense to see if the
issues can be solved within the confines of the library before
forking it.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu