[jdom-interest] Problem with JTreeOutputter

Martin Poepping ma.p at netcologne.de
Thu Mar 11 01:30:37 PST 2004

Hello,

I've a problem with the output of my XML-File into a   JTree.
My code looks like this:

    public JTree openXMLFile(File f) {
        DefaultMutableTreeNode root = new
DefaultMutableTreeNode(f.getName());
        JTree tree=new JTree(root);
        outputter = new JTreeOutputter(true);
        //root = new DefaultMutableTreeNode("JDOM");
        //System.out.println(f.toString());
        try {
            doc = saxBuilder.build(f);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            log.statusln("[ERR]: Could not load XML-File into JTree");
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        outputter.output(doc, root);
        tree.setEditable(true);
        return tree;
     }

On my machine at home (SuSE Linux 9.0, standard installation, eclipse)
everything works fine.
But here at work (Debian, eclipse) instead of a JTree the GUI outputs a
normal text field
with "null"+the content of the xml file. It looks like this:

    null<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<!--
  A simple XML file from Elliotte Rusty Harold's talk at SD 2000 East
  http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/slides/sd2000east/xslt/
-->

<catalog>

 <category>
   Small chamber ensembles - 2-4 Players by New York Women Composers
 </category>

 <cataloging_info>
   <abstract>Compositions by the members of New York Women
Composers</abstract>
   <keyword>music publishing</keyword>
   <keyword>scores</keyword>
   <keyword>women composers</keyword>
   <keyword>New York</keyword>
 </cataloging_info>

====

Well .... who could help me? Whats wrong?

Bye,
Martin