[jdom-interest] Strange Element.addContent(index,Content) problem

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Mon Mar 22 06:53:26 PST 2004

I suspect that there's whitespace between each element. Each pieces of whitespace becomes a Text node.

>>> Kai Woerner <kai.woerner at uni-hamburg.de> 3/22/2004 5:38:17 AM >>>
I'm experiencing a very odd problem with
Element.addContent(index,Content). This is an altered snipplet from the
code I have:

elmt.addContent(440, newComm);
System.out.println("@inserted at:"+elmt.getChildren().indexOf(newComm));

(elmt being a legal element in a jdom-tree, newComm being a new Element)

- this would output "inserted  at: 220".

Of course the code is a bit longer and more complicated, but these two
lines are exactly like in my code and the result is alwayy the same:
elmt.addContent(200, newComm) would result in 100.

Anybody having experienced something like that?

Kai Wörner