[jdom-interest] setExpandEntities and XMLOutputter behaviour

Manish Sharan manish.sharan at divlogic.com
Thu May 6 07:01:02 PDT 2004

If I setDocType(null) before xmloutputter is invoked, it does not output
the doctype at all -- but since this is a xhtml document, I need the
doctype do be preserved.

Is there to override the Xmloutputter.output(DocType doctype,
java.io.OutputStream out)  behaviour so  that it does not write out the
external DTDs inside the Doctype declarartion?

Btw, I am setting saxBuilder.setExpandEntities(false) so that I preserve
the entities in the xhtml document leaving this task to the
browser/reneder.

Regards
manish