[jdom-interest] Issue with Doctype (systemId , publicId whitespace)

Collin VanDyck collin at hannonhill.com
Thu May 6 12:13:54 PDT 2004

I'm using JDOM b8, and having a little bit of trouble assigning a
DocType to my Document.  I assign the DocType to my document:

DocType newDocType = new DocType(document.getRootElement().getName());
newDocType.setPublicID(publicId);
newDocType.setSystemID(systemId);
document.setDocType(newDocType);

This executes without error.  However, transforming this Document at a
later point gives me the error:

[Fatal Error] :1:53: White spaces are required between publicId and
systemId.

And the doctype is then removed from the Document.

Any idea on what could be causing this?  Is this a bug in JDOM?  I have
tried padding the publicId and systemId with whitespaces, but with no
success.

I saw a similar problem online:

http://www.junlu.com/msg/49224.html

but found no responses. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Collin