[jdom-interest] hex v. dec

Mark C. Stafford obbyyoyo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:07:39 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm working with MySQL and Microsoft's Great Plains (Pains). GP is not
happy with unicode characters unless they're escaped *using decimal
notation*. Neither have I succeeded in defining an ENTITY that it
accepts.

I've implemented an EscapeStrategy which is working well, but have not
found a property or method that will allow me to choose to "degrade"
the encoding.

ñ crashes, but ñ (tested by hand) works.

I'm holding up a data conversion. Can you help me? Is this the right
place to ask? I thought I'd check before resorting to some sort of
String-based re-parsing with regexp...

Thanks,

Mark

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<eConnect xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
 <SMCustomerMasterType>
   <taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd>
     <ADDRESS1>Villa Espa&#xf1;a Zaragoza</ADDRESS1>
   </taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd>
 </SMCustomerMasterType>
</eConnect>