[jdom-interest] bug in SAXBuilder.build() ?

Scrut Inizer scrut999 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:19:39 PDT 2004

I use JDOM 1.0 and don't seem to be able to build a document at all.

e.g. the following code always produces IOExceptions:

URL url = new URL(urlstring);
SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
Document doc = builder.build(url);

if the URL (the urlstring) is

(That is a request of Amazons WebService which returns a simple XML file. I
only removed my subscription ID of the above URL. But if you copy&paste that
URL into your browser and replaced [yoursubscriptionid] with your
subscription ID, you will see the result immediately: a simple XML file of
approx. 138kByte)

I also tried to use an InputStream and a Reader as parameter for
builder.build() but I keep getting IOExcepton as well.

I can, however, read the result of that query by doing something like this:
Reader reader = new InputStreamReader(url.openStream());
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(reader);
and then read the content of in

Why can't I make a document from that?