[jdom-interest] Re: [jaxen-dev] Time for Beta 5? and then 1.1?

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Apr 14 14:15:13 PDT 2005

Bob McWhirter wrote:

> btw, I think JDOM already has taken their navigator.  If not, Jason
> Hunter has implied at least that it'd be a good idea to move it to the
> JDOM codebase.   Ideally, only the navigators w/o a host (ie, the
> JavaBeanNavigator && DOMNavigator) should be in jaxen, and even then in
> secondary jars.

Looking at JDOM's CVS, they seem to have their own Jaxen XPath class but
I don't think they have their own navigator. Let me cc this message to
jdom-interest, and see what they think.

JDOM folks, does JDOM 1.0 need the org.jaxen.jdom package in Jaxen? If
it does require that, would it be possible to pull those classes out of
Jaxen and move them into the JDOM code base?

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu