[jdom-interest] Validating with SAXBuilder

Kostas Karadamoglou karadamoglou_k at yahoo.gr
Wed Aug 10 11:06:02 PDT 2005

Hi again!

I am trying to validate a xml file that does not have schema reference.
The header of the xml file is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<irisCacheDB xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'>
     <database dbID="Northwind">

I initialize the builder object the following way:

             URL schema =
             SAXBuilder builder=new SAXBuilder(true);
             Document doc=builder.build(this.confFile);
         }catch(Exception ex){

Unfortunately the builder object returns an Exception:

org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 3 of document
file:/C:/Development/Projects/CC401/IrisCacheServer/iris.xml: Document
is invalid: no grammar found.
         at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:465)

How can I solve this problem? How can I made SAXBuilder validate the xml?

thank you in advance, Kostas