[jdom-interest] Escaping ampersand left in output from XMLOutputter

Scott Yeadon scott.yeadon at anu.edu.au
Sun Jan 23 15:02:20 PST 2005

Hi,

When writing out a file using the XMLOutputter, character entities are
left escaped. Is this behaviour intentional? I would have thought this
would only be required for internal processing and the ampersand entity,
when affixed to a character entity, should be de-escaped when output.
For example, I currently get 两 in my output instead of
两 which browsers do not understand. Is there a way of turning
this behaviour off, or does anyone know the appropriate way to handle
this in JDOM (I'd rather not do a post-process!)?

Thanks.

Scott.