[jdom-interest] Exception when creating a document from arraylist

X.P.Pratibha :-) xp_pratibha at HotPOP.com
Sun Jun 12 21:05:42 PDT 2005

Hi all ,

      Thanks for all your suggestion. The problem got solved after
detaching the elments from the parent .I have highlighted the changes I
made .
    Thanks Brad ,Phil and Mark.

Regards,
Pratibha

X.P.Pratibha :-) wrote:

> Hi all,
>        My problem is to edit an xml document to remove the duplicate
> entries it has before giving it to the XSL for display....
> Here goes my logic:
>  1)Get the document.
> 2) traverse it for duplicate entries and put all the unique entries
> into an array list
> 3) Then create the new document with elements in arraylist.
> 4)I am creating the root element and subroot element and adding the
> each element in my array list...Here I am getting the exception
> "*element* *already* *has* an existing *parent FWRules"
> --IllegalADDException.*
> <http://www.jdom.org/pipermail/jdom-interest/2001-October/007851.html>
>
> P.S :The elements in the list has elements which in turn has so many
> sub-elements...
>
> Can u please help me what I am doing wrong ???How to convert  a list
> to Document again...I am using JDK1.3.1
>
>                     Element Oldelem =
> doc.getRootElement().getChild("Success").getChild("Rules");
>
>                          ListIterator OldIter =
> Oldelem.getChild("FWRules").getChildren("ConRule").listIterator();
>                          Vector ID_ref = new Vector();
>                          ArrayList new_list = new ArrayList();
>                          int count=0;
>                          while(OldIter.hasNext())