[jdom-interest] Filter Content with xml:lang

Sinkinson,Andrew [NCR] Andrew.Sinkinson at ec.gc.ca
Mon Mar 21 10:28:18 PST 2005

   Hi all,

    I am wondering what is the best way to filter out the content of a
complex document based on xml:lang.  Basically for each language  I want
to filter out all elements that match given xml:lang attribute and those
that do not have an xml:lang attribute.

Sample xml:
<Metadata xmlns="http://www.sampleNS.com">
		<Format xml:lang="en">StringEN</commonFormat>
		<Format xml:lang="fr">StringFR</commonFormat>
                        <Format xml:lang="en">StringEN</commonFormat>
		<Format xml:lang="fr">StringFR</commonFormat>

Here is the code that is almost working accept that I when I get the
value of the root element and RecordInfo it give me all the content.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

      String[] sLang = {"en","fr"};
       for (int t = 0; t < sLang.length; t++) {
           Iterator  itr = doc.getDescendants(new ElementFilter(myNS));
            while (itr.hasNext()) {
            Element oTemp = (Element) itr.next();
                  if(oTemp.getAttribute("lang",xmlNS) != null){
                     String attr =