[jdom-interest] creating & adding a node at the same time

Dr NoName spamacct11 at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 16:04:29 PDT 2005

Hi all,

jdom looks pretty cool. I use it for building xml
documents. However, I often find that I need to create
an element and add it to the higherarchy, but jdom
doesn't provide a one-step way to do it. Essentially I
want:

child = new Element("foo", parent);

AND/OR:

child = parent.addContent( new Element("foo") );

but neither of the above works, so I constantly have
to do:

child = new Element("foo");
parent.addContent(child);

This is actually rather annoying. A single-step
solution would be much better. Any chance the api
could be modified to include this?

thanks,

Eugene

Discover Yahoo!