[jdom-interest] & problems

Tatu Saloranta cowtowncoder at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 10:47:17 PDT 2005

--- "Bradley S. Huffman" <hip at a.cs.okstate.edu> wrote:

>       EntityRef ref2 = new EntityRef("nbsp");
>       e.addContent(ref2);
> JDOM is lazy and doesn't check if a new entity
> reference is defined in the DTD.

Not to mention it really doesn't have a way to do
that, in general (as in it'd have to locate referenced
DTD, resolve it, parse, combine with internal dtd
subset if any; most of which is not done by JDOM when
parsing but outsourced to a sax-parser).

Does anyone know of xml processing package that does
allow validation of the output? I have been thinking
of writing such functionality into Woodstox, as it
would seem potentially useful, but absence (?) of
others doing that makes me wonder if it would be truly

-+ Tatu +-

Do You Yahoo!?