[jdom-interest] Maximizing Effeciency of XPATH calls

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Fri Sep 9 12:54:26 PDT 2005

I'd be interested to know how much performance one can expect of such
engines... we keep processing XML but end-up storing and retrieving
with Lucene which has real good performances (like 1500 queries/second
with about 7000 items overall of 50Mb on a single PC, they are about 20
typical queries).

XML-databases that I try were way slower (by a factor of 10 or 100) but
I never went till a real index.

What does such a commercial produce as Mark Logic achieve ?

thanks

paul