[jdom-interest] XSL-FO reverse engineer

mike at saxonica.com mike at saxonica.com
Sat Apr 15 05:26:37 PDT 2006

If you're going to write this in Java, then working with JDOM is probably
as good a way as any. However, this is an up-conversion task, and I would
think the job would be much easier to do in XSLT rather than Java, because
of its ability to match patterns in the input (and XSLT 2.0 is better than
1.0 for this kind of job because of its grouping capabilities and regular
expression handling). If you use XSLT to write the logic, then it really
doesn't matter much which object model is used underneath.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/