[jdom-interest] Parsing an XML Schema

enis enis enis_ch2001 at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 2 05:29:15 PDT 2006

Is there an XML Schema processor that makes this analysis ?

    DIV { MARGIN:0px;}   No, you need to do a lot more than parsing the schema. You  already hint at this when you talk about "starting from the root": you don't  mean the XML root here, you mean some kind of semantic root. (You're wrong to  imagine that a schema is structured as a tree. It's a graph, and quite a complex  one.) To do what you are attempting, you need to do much more than parse the  schema, you need to analyze the information in it. Since that analysis is  complex, and since there are off-the-shelf schema processors that do it for  you, I would suggest that you use them rather than trying to write your  own.

 Michael Kay
 http://www.saxonica.com/