[jdom-interest] Namespace.ANY_NAMESPACE

Kevin POCHAT kpochat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 08:15:52 PDT 2006

Concerning (a), I think a wildcard namespace is as much a namespace as
Namespace.NO_NAMESPACE, and designing a special class just for this case
might be a too heavy design (i'm thinking about performances, code
compactness, and ease for the JDOM user).

For (b), I think "any namespace or none" would be more useful. It could help
to be able to, for example, do this :

Element foo;
Namespace testNS = foo.getAttribute("bar",Namespace.ANY_NAMESPACE
).getNamespace();

and having testNS equals to Namespace.NO_NAMESPACE.

Thanks for your answers.

Kevin POCHAT