[jdom-interest] [News] PushToTest TestMaker 5.0 Released
fcohen at pushtotest.com
Thu Aug 16 15:37:30 PDT 2007
Hi JDOM-istas! We announced PushToTest TestMaker 5.0 today. This is a
giant release for our open-source community. TestMaker is useful to
optimize XML performance in many situations. -Frank
PushToTest TestMaker 5.0 Now Available
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE. For additional information contact Frank
Cohen, CEO and Founder, at fcohen at pushtotest.com, phone (408)
871-0122 California, USA
August 16, 2007 – CAMPBELL, CALIFORNIA - PushToTest TestMaker 5 is a
platform for test automation, service governance, and business
service management. For Java developers TestMaker is a framework for
turning unit tests into functional tests, load and scalability tests,
and service monitors automatically.
At any given time new software needs to be installed, existing
application software modules and database software need to be
patched, application software and databases need to be tuned and
optimized, and the root-causes of crashes, downtime, and performance
bottlenecks needs to be analyzed and remediated quickly.
Software developers use PushToTest Version 5 to turn their unit tests
into functional tests in a test automation platform that runs on
their development machine. PushToTest Version 5 includes Wizards and
Recorders to automatically build tests and supports a variety of
languages, including Java, Jython, Groovy, PHP, Ruby, and many
others. Plus PushToTest Version 5 supports SOA, Web Service, AJAX,
and REST services using HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, XML-RPC, and the email
The PushToTest Version 5 runtime environment automatically turns
these same functional tests into load tests, scalability and
performance tests, regression tests, and service monitors for QA
technicians, IT operations managers, and CIOs. PushToTest Version 5
runtime load tests and service monitors integrate into Service
Registry/Repository products and database and application performance
optimization and root-cause analysis tools.
Top-level features and enhancements:
* TestScenario is a new XML-based system to reuse unit tests as
regression tests, functional tests, load tests, integration tests,
and service monitors requiring no coding.
* Graphical environment to control tests and view results in
* Record/play-back unit tests of Web applications using the
integrated point-and-click TestGen4Web utility.
* Create test suites of SOAP-based Web Services using the
integrated Eviware soapUI utility.
* Create tests of AJAX and REST applications using the
integrated HTMLUnit framework.
* Java 6 ScriptEngine (JSR 223) support enables you to write
tests in any supported language: Java, Jython, Groovy, PHP, Ruby, and
* Distributed test environment (TestNetwork/TestNodes) to
vertically scale tests to thousands of users and horizontally scale
tests to operate the test from multiple locations around your network
* Performance Comparison Utility shows changes in performance
from one test to another.
* Monitors CPU, Network, Memory utilization as test operates.
* Transaction distribution analysis charts as test operates.
* Automatic archiving of test results in XML file format.
* Log to Relational Databases (RDBMS)
* Data Production Library (DPL) system to create dynamic data as
test operates from XML files, Comma Separated Value (CSV) files, and
Relational Database (RDBMS)
* Validate service responses using Data Production Library
(DPL,) integrated XML parsers, regular expressions, and custom objects.
* Operate PushToTest As A Service (PAAS) by making a SOAP
request to TestMaker to operate a test and return the statistics of
the test results. Includes fully functional interoperability with
SoftwareAG/WebMethods X-Registry repository.
* Start, pause, stop, and change the order of test case
operation as the test operates.
* Service monitor panel shows service status dashboard.
* Notification of test operation by email, SMS, pagers.
* Expanded protocol handler support (HTTP, HTTPS, Apache SOAP,
Apache Axis SOAP, REST, AJAX, email) and extensible to add your
* Backwardly compatible with TestMaker 4 tests.
* Call TestMaker from the command-line to use with Continuous
* Professional documentation, tutorials, screencasts, and
The new software comes with two licenses: The source code is
distributed under a GPL version 2 license and the pre-built and ready-
to-run binary download comes with a free commercial license that
limits you to 200 concurrent running virtual test users and 10
service monitors. Additional users and monitors licenses available
Download PushToTest TestMaker at http://www.pushtotest.com
PushToTest is a trademark of the PushToTest Company
PushToTest is a software publishing and global services company
specializing in business optimization and information systems
governance and test automation. Our expertise is put to work for
enterprises needing to understand and solve scalability and
performance problems in complex information systems, especially Web
Services. PushToTest publishes the popular TestMaker platform for
SOA, Web service, Web application, AJAX and REST test automation.
Details at http://www.pushtotest.com
Frank Cohen, PushToTest, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone 408 374 7426
TestMaker: The open-source SOA governance and test automation tool
More information about the jdom-interest