[jdom-interest] JDOM 1.1 Release Candidate

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Tue Nov 13 21:05:37 PST 2007

> With jdom-1.1 and this change ported up... everything runs fine in
> ActiveMath after recompilation (running jdk1.5 on Linux).
>
> Before, however, I had the following:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.jdom.Element.setAttributes(Ljava/util/List;)Lorg/jdom/Element;
>         at
> org.activemath.exercises.InteractionManager.decorateElement(InteractionManager.java:1303)
>
>         at
> org.activemath.exercises.InteractionManager.decorateElement(InteractionManager.java:1264)
>

> ... and indeed setAttributes was for List in JDOM 1.0...
> I would suggest you keep both methods.

Great catch!  This is exactly why I make the release candidates.

I've added back setAttributes(List) and kept setAttributes(Collection)
as well.  I don't think there's any other situations like this.  But
please do check for me against the RC I'll build later tonight.  The
goal of course is no recompile needed, just drop-in compatible.