[jdom-interest] Attribute namespace "collision" bug remains in 1.1

J.Dalton at ed.ac.uk J.Dalton at ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 08:24:47 PST 2007

I am trying to construct an element that looks like this:

  xmlns="mynamespace"  targetNamespace="mynamespace"

where "mynamespace" is really a proper URL.

I get

Exception in thread "main" org.jdom.IllegalAddException: The namespace
xmlns="mynamespace" could not be added as a namespace to "xsd:schema":
The namespace prefix "" collides with an attribute namespace prefix
on the element
        at org.jdom.Element.addNamespaceDeclaration(Element.java:342)

(Again, "mynamespace" was really a proper namespace.)

This used to work before 1.0, and I believe this is a known bug in 1.0.

I'm wondering whether there's a workaround or whether I need
to edit the source code and recompile.

BTW, this page appears to be about the same problem:

-- Jeff