[jdom-interest] Issue with xml prolog

Abhishek Parwal pabhishek at novell.com
Thu Nov 22 07:37:05 PST 2007

Hi,

I am getting following error when i try to parse the following xml
data
<attribute ><value>
<note>
HI
</note>
</value></attribute>
There are no  whitespaces before prolog of xml (ie  before <?xml..)
and also not before <attribute>. But it still gives me the folllowing error.

org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 1: The processing
instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed

Most of the places i googled people tell to remove white spaces before prolog to correct it. But here in my xml data there are no white spaces before prolog.

Please suggest where i am going wrong.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek