[jdom-interest] No duplicates element's values in a list of element

Grzegorz Kaczor grzegorz.kaczor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:39:26 PDT 2007

> Hhmm I don't know of anything in a DTD that will allow that.  Seems like
> a java method is the way to go.

Or XML Schema which is a more modern and much more powerful validation
mechanism. Unfortunately, more difficult to learn and a bit rough in syntax.
In schema you can use the uniqueness key to ensure uniqueness of name
element values.

For an example of validation using schema, see here:
http://cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/chapters/ch14s10.html

Grzegorz