[jdom-interest] JDOM XPath with datatype casts

Clint.Redwood at xansa.com Clint.Redwood at xansa.com
Wed Oct 10 04:58:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use a JDOM XPath object to perform the following query on a
document containing a dateTime field.

My xpath string is:

xs:dateTime(@lastTime)-xs:dayTimeDuration('PT0.001S')

and I'm getting an exception at instanciation

org.jdom.JDOMException: Invalid XPath expression:
"xs:dateTime(@lastTime)-xs:dayTimeDuration('PT0.001S')": Unexpected '('

I've tried setting the "xs" namespace, but I can't do this until the XPath
is already instanciated, so that's already too late.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yours,

Clint Redwood
Senior Solutions Architect - Boots Account
t 0115 9595730 (Ext) 725730 (Int)
e clint.redwood at xansa.com
e clint.redwood at bcm-ltd.co.uk
http://www.xansa.com

Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any liability whatsoever.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and protected by client privilege.  It is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the organisation.
     Xansa, Registered Office: 420 Thames Valley Park Drive,
     Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PU, UK.
     Registered in England No.1000954.
     t  +44 (0)8702 416181
     w  www.xansa.com