[jdom-interest] problems with "indent"

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Mon Sep 24 20:23:36 PDT 2007

Per the Javadocs of getFormat():

     /**
      * Returns the current format in use by the outputter.  Note the
      * Format object returned is a clone of the one used internally.
      */

(It's a clone because formatting is not as simple as you might think.)

So you should make a Format and pass it in.  I'd recommend starting with
Format.getPrettyFormat().  Then adjust the line ending from \r\n to just \n.

-jh-