[jdom-interest] JDom and Java5

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Tue Feb 26 13:59:48 PST 2008

> I spent a fair bit of time playing with things over the
> weekend, and have decided that making generic versions of the
> selectNodes process is somewhat possible if we change the API
> a lot...

It seems to me that designing the perfect API for XPath 1.0 on Java 5 is a
dead end. XPath 1.0 has been obsolete for more than a year. It's time to
think about designing a good Java API for XPath 2.0. This has a completely
different type system from 1.0, and poses a new set of challenges in
interfacing XPath types to Java types.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/