[jdom-interest] Formatting XML

Rolf jdom at tuis.net
Wed Feb 27 07:18:27 PST 2008

Hi Oliver....

Raw format is intended to output the file in the same format as it was
imported.... so, if you raw format output a file that was pretty to
start with, it will be unchanged.

Perhaps you are looking for Format.getCompactFormat().

I just wrote a small test program, and ran it against a file that has an
uncommon format. I can confirm that getPrettyFormat() makes it pretty,
getRawFormat leaves u unchanged, and getCompactFormat makes it all on
one line....

Rolf