[jdom-interest] error 503 and DTD file.

Renaud guezennec renaud.guezennec at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 07:13:27 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Jdom in my software. When it tries to build a Jdom
document, it receives a 503 error.  My software parses a lot of page
from w3.org and the error occurs when jdom tries to read the DTD file.
(see :java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for
The 503 error is expected, I mean the w3c returns this http response to
reduce the traffic.
I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent jdom from asking the dtd
file ? or you may know a way to get around this problem.

Regards
Renaud GUEZENNEC
http://renaudguezennec.homelinux.org/