[jdom-interest] JDOM2 Update

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Thu Aug 11 06:22:55 PDT 2011

Rolf wrote:
> In order to have a clear and documented migration path from JDOM to JDOM2
> we need to know and document all significant changes in the API.
There is no need to keep track of this. There are various tools for generating an API diff between 2 versions of a
software component.
> No work will be done on any 'generics' or other API modifications until
> the JUnit tests have adequate coverage for regression purposes.
That's a fine way to discourage interest. Most people don't like writing tests at best.
Making us write tests for someone else's 3-year old code is just going to stifle contributions.