[jdom-interest] JDOM parser reuse memory problem

Rolf jdom at tuis.net
Fri Nov 18 16:32:25 PST 2011

I have updated the issue with some performanc numbers for some different

Have a look at: https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/issues/52

It seems to indicate that fixing the 'back to raw JAXP for each loop'
will only save a little time, but parser reuse saves a lot.

Need to implement both options, I think, implement SAXFactory caching as
well as better memory management on Parser reuse.

Out of interest, I thought the default setting for parser reuse was
'false', but it is true. XMLReaders will be reused unless you explicitly

This in turn means that my comments about 'normal' process should be
reversed, the normal case for this bug condition is that we keep a
reference from the SAXBuilder to the Document for as long as the
SAXBuilder is active, and not used to rebuild another document.