[jdom-interest] Volunteers Wanted....

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Thu Apr 12 11:30:10 PDT 2012

Hi all

I have been trying to 'analyze' how issue #72 slipped through, and I have
decided it stems from 4 factors:

1. not many people use 'compact' format output
2. When I wrote the JUnit tests I was focussed on the fine details, and
the multiple-component circumstances that cause the failure are not tested
in a 'compact' form
3. When I do process data at a 'high level' with complext XML content with
multi-type child content, I am not using the compact format, but more
typically the 'raw' format.
4. Programmers are not good at testing their own code.

As a result of the above, I am looking for some volunteers to spend a few
hours and really try to get a 'grip' on JDOM2, to plug it in to their
existing systems, and to provide as much feedback as they can. Everything
down to typo's in the comments!

Oh, by the way, paulk-asert, if you're on the list, thanks for reviewing
the wiki pages ;-)

If I could get a few people to give some objective feedback it would make
a big difference for how much confidence we could put on a JDOM 2.0.1
release....

Thanks

Rolf