[jdom-interest] Scheduled release of 2.0.1 April 28
jdom at tuis.net
Mon Apr 23 16:47:53 PDT 2012
Based on the responses to the '2.0.0 usage' mail, I get the impression that:
- 2.0.0 is being used 'seriously', and any other major bugs would have
- there is no rush/panic to get a 2.0.1 version
- it would be useful to have expectations....
As a consequence, I think it is fair to use a release schedule for 2.0.1
that is similar to what I did with 1.1.3... that is:
- if there is a bug I release an immediate 'hotfix', and schedule a
- the 'point-release' will contain the bug fix, as well as any other
issues that may crop up in the interim.
- the point-release date will be scheduled for somewhere between 2 and 4
weeks of the bug discovery.
Thus, I am going to schedule a release date for 2.0.1, and it will
contain the fix for #72 as well as any other issues that may come up
Since #72 was found a couple of weeks ago, it makes sense to release
2.0.1 this weekend - the 28th/29th April...
Currently scheduled for that release:
- Fix #72
- Statement of support for Android.
If anyone runs in to any more issues, they will be assessed, and that
may impact the release schedule, but that is unlikely.
More information about the jdom-interest