[jdom-interest] JDOM2 and Runtime Exceptions

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Fri Jan 20 04:57:11 PST 2012

You are correct, how exactly to use exceptions is still a matter of
taste and debate.

That being said, I prefer programmatic problems to be unchecked.

And I don't think backwards compatibility w.r.t. exceptions is such a
big deal - JDOM2 already requires quite a few changes.
Changing my catch block and throws clauses is not a big deal, and it's
not the kind of change that would subtly corrupt my code either.