[jdom-interest] JDOM and memory

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Sat Jan 28 17:41:07 PST 2012

I have now compared the results of string-interning to the String-cache
code.

The 'raw' code (neither SLimJDOMFactory nor string-interning) is:
2.06MB @ 4.55ms
The SlimJDOMFactory is:
1.57MB @ 8ms
The string-interning SAX Feature is:
2.06MB @ 6.1ms

Not sure how I got essentially zero improvement of memory.... got
something wrong..... no... been checking, but I think the difference in
using String.intern on element names only is so insignificant that it
does not feature as much as 1%.....  perhaps all the dirrerence is
coming in whitespace....

Not worth checking in to it.... I don't believe the String.itern() is
the right answer regardless.

Rolf