[jdom-interest] JDOM2 BETA 2 Released - 0.0.2 - Leap Day - and future version numbering

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Thu Mar 1 07:50:16 PST 2012

And there's the maven artifact:

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.jdom|jdom2|0.0.2-BETA|jar

I would appreciate it if people could think about the version numbers of
JDOM2.

The situation is a little more complciated when you consider maven, but,
in essence, I think I would like to keep JDOM and JDOM2 as different
artifacts in maven. I don't want people with 'liberal' specifications for
maven artifacts to suddenly download JDOM2 in to their project if I add the
new JDOM2 version to the same jdom artifact.

So, the logical thing to do is create the jdom2 artifact, and put JDOM2
content in there. This is what I did with this BETA release.

But, should I call the upcoming JDOM2 release 'JDOM2 version 1.0.0' or
should I call it 'JDOM 2.0.0'

I think I will continue to 'isolate' the JDOM2 maven deployment as the
'jdom2' artifact, but even that is debatable.

Funny how such a small detail can be so complicated ... ;-)

I think I am 'tending' to want to release the JDOM2 release as jdom-2.0.0,
but I will do the maven deploy to the artifact 'jdom2'.

Does anyone have any suggestions, questions about this?

Rolf