[jdom-interest] Wish-list

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Thu May 10 10:02:34 PDT 2012

There's been a lot of work on JSON-to-XML and XML-to-JSON
transformations. There is no single answer that works well in all cases.
There is a tension between being lossless and producing something that
is usable. An XML-to-JSON transformation that can handle mixed content
may produce indigestible output for simple data-oriented XML.

I don't think there is any good architectural reason to regard XML-JSON
transformation as being part of the same component in the architecture
as an XML tree model. Just because it needs doing doesn't mean it needs
doing in JDOM. To me it's best kept separate.

Michael Kay
Saxonica