[jdom-interest] JDOM 2 list of elements, remove nulls out entries and fails to remove?

David Wall david.wall at myeastside.com
Fri May 11 18:45:51 PDT 2012

Thanks, Rolf. No, it's definitely not a threading issue.  If you saw my
second posting, it all works as expected if I create my own
LinkedList<Element> from the list returned by getChildren().

If you think it's still a possible issue, I can attached the actual
source code and the sample XML data I was parsing.  I'm not familiar
with JDOM's internals, but if I remove one Element, does that cause a
shift for all subsequent elements?  I ask this because I am actually
creating two lists, one is the main object, and the second is an
associated "version" object (the main object can have multiple versions
associated with it).  In the XML, they are ordered like OBJ, OBJVERSION,
OBJ, OBJVERSION, OBJ, OBJVERSION.

When I created to the two lists (one of OBJ and the other of
OBJVERSION), I noted that as soon as I deleted the OBJ from the first
list, the second list already showed a 'null' element at the end of its
list.  It made me think that the elements are shifting in the live lists
from JDOM and thus I'm no longer working on the originally retrieved lists.

So, if that's all it is and my usage scenario was bogus before, I'm good
since I've changed to create my own lists now.  But if you think it
could still be an issue, I'm happy to send the code and XML to you (it's
open source code anyway).

Thanks,
David