[jdom-interest] V2.x not usable next to V1.x

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Fri May 18 11:24:56 PDT 2012

Tatu

That's a pretty strong opinion.

three things.

there is nothing stopping you from using JDOM 1.x and 2.x at the same
time. You can easily put both jars in your classpath.... it is *maven* that
is stopping you from doing that.
I am only allowed to have one group-id - it is the oss-sonatype nexus that
stops me from doing adding more.
if this all seems 'a very bad idea', why did you not prevent this problem
from happening when I asked numerous times for experienced maven users to
assist?

All in all, I think it is fair to blame maven here.

Rolf

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9308366/copy-two-versions-of-same-jar-using-maven

http://www.jdom.org/mailman/options/jdom-interest/youraddr@yourhost.com