[jdom-interest] Question about CR/LF Handling

Dr. Klemens Waldhör klemens.waldhoer at heartsome.de
Thu Dec 5 01:41:13 PST 2013

I am using JDOM in the open source project openTMS mainly to parse Xliff
files . One problem I run into now is that I find no way how to keep
carriage return (CR) / line feed (LF) exactly in the same way as they are in
the original xml file once I write a copy of the possible modified file to
the XMLOutputter.

What I would like to have is:

"Text CR text LF text CR LF text"

Is exactly copied as it is to the output. And not changed to "Text LF text
LF text LF text" depending on some setting. I know what the XML spec says
about this, anyway I need the original characters.

Anything I can do about it?

best