[jdom-interest] JDom <-> Xalan

Ilja Preuß ilja.preuss at epost.de
Tue Aug 22 09:21:33 PDT 2000

Hi!

In a project I am working on, we decided to try using XML/XSL for our
Web-Frontend. I would like to use JDom to dynamically build XML-trees
containing the data to be presented, putting those and some static xsl's
into Xalan to get the final html-ouput 'on the fly'.

The suggested way to use JDom data as input for Xalan seems to be via a
character stream, but I am a little bit worried about the overhead involved
in parsing the raw character data into some form of xml-tree, although the
original source already is in the (admittedly another) form of such a tree.
On the other hand, it is advised against using DOM, because of its bulky
format, right? So what about using SAX as the interface between the two? Is
this already possible (sadly, I couldn't figure it out myself)? If not,
wouldn't it be nice if it was possible?

Regards, Ilja