[jdom-interest] CDATA sections?

Mark Stewart mstewart at atg.com
Fri Jun 2 13:22:03 PDT 2000

> You're not getting it - JODM doesn't need CDATA to do this:
> Element foo = new Element("foo");
> foo.setContent("<Markup>");
> Done. No need for CDATA. Why do I care? I don't. I just want the content
> to be <Markup>, and that code does it. I'm not sure what is so hard
> about this ;-)
> Outputting handles escaping it, in any way we need to that /ensures/ the
> content is unchanged. Period.

Perhaps _I'm_ not getting it but I think what Kevin is looking for is a
way to *produce* XML documents that can be used elsewhere (like editors
and such where you don't want anything escaped since it may need to
edited again by a human who wouldn't). It's not that JDOM needs CDATA,
it's that other apps do.

Hoping this reduces rather than increases the confusion,

P.S. Just read K.C. Jones' post on this and I think he's got it exactly